AGRI TRAVEL & SLOW TRAVEL EXPO 2019
Eat around the world
Bergamo 14th – 17th February 2019
What is it?
Agri Travel & Slow Travel EXP (ATEST) is the first international exhibition, dedicated the promotion of rural and slow tourism reaching its fourth edition (15th, 16th, 17th February) with a new and even more original format, in order to celebrate the 2019, the International Year Of Sustainable Tourism for Development, characterizing topic for the exhibition.
AGRICULTURE, CULTURE, TOURISM, SOUSTAINABILITY and FOCUS ON FOOD: these are the key words leading Agri Travel & Slow Travel Expo. Food plays the leading role representing a powerful factor of cultural identity able of describing places through stories, traditions, economy and agricultural production.
Thanks to the previous successful exhibitions, and to the foreign delegation in Expo 2015, the exhibition can boast:
– A large motivated crowd, interested in rural themes, in slow tourism and informed consumption;
– Participation of the main opinion leader for tourism, environment and culture, representing the national, European and international overview;
– Meeting with public and private authorities, both national and international;
– Chance to attend conferences and workshop related to specific themes. Also attend a rich program full of cultural and wine and food related event;
– Presence of various European countries attending the European Congress on Rural Development through Tourism. This congress is a joint effort of EuroGites European Federation of Rural Tourism with 35 professional associations form 27 counties. This event will take place for the first time, in Italy, at Agri Travel & Slow Travel Expo, in 2018;
– Intervention of non-European realities with which fruitful relationships have been strengthen since the last exhibition, thanks to Expo2015 , which favored the presence of numerous foreign delegations;
– Perfect location from a logistic point of view ( just a few km away from “Il Caravaggio” airport, the third Italian stopover; and proximity to Linate and Malpensa airports);
– Promotion of the most important realities linked to mutifunctionality of modern farms (direct selling, food services, teaching farms, accommodations, social and recreational activities).
The event is also an important location where organizations and institutions, both public and private, can converse in a stimulating environment full of opportunity of dialogue and comparison with SMEs, cooperatives, commerce and craft trade associations and national and international tourist industry representatives the chain of travel.
Sustainable and slow tourism
New models of travel are helping to support the rural tourism development which describe contemporaneity and they have strong connections with concepts like life quality, sustainability and contact with nature. This is the slow tourism, linked to a deep knowledge of territory thanks to slow way of travel like strolls, trekking, cycling holiday, mountain and hill itineraries, water travels, spiritual itineraries to discover a location most intimate aspects linked to the culture, excellences and landscape.
A lighthouse for rural and sustainable tourism
ATEST main goal is the creation of networks and programs shared by the participants in order to favor the exchange of know-how, experiences and the research of solutions mutually favorable for the development of strategies relevant for rural tourism with a particular focus on agribusiness as a incentive for the tourist market, and on green economy as a decisive solution for a planet sustainable development and a bet for a tourist economy relaunch.
The exhibition will take place in the Fair of Bergamo. The structure is inspired by the European Exhibition models with 13000 square meters as covered exhibition area divided into two pavilions of 6500 square meters each, organized and expressed to versatility with efficiency and professionalism, Ente Fiera Promoberg defining characteristic. Ente Fiera Promoberg, the exhibition organizer, has an experience of over 20 years in conceptions and realization of events and fairs.
From 14th to 17th February 2019 with the following opening times:
Friday and Saturday 3:00 pm- 11:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am- 8:00 pm
1- Tribute and focus on SUSTAINIBLE TOURISM to celebrate 2018 as “Italian Food in the World Year” declared by MIBACT and “European Cultural Heritage Year” declared by European Union.
2- European congress on rural development through tourism organized by Eurogites www.eurogites.org. The congress will take place in Italy for the first time, right at Agri Travel & Slow travel Expo.
3- A tight schedule of workshops and B2B.
4- Upgrade and development of the food court with exhibition stands and show cooking, with a leading role played by the cuisine from several countries.
Project Manager ATEST
Mobile +39 329 05.09.611
Resp. Internazionalizzazione ATEST
Mobile +39 349 49.48.692